The six questions:
- Do you wish the Constitution Council’s proposals to form the basis of a new draft Constitution?
- In the new Constitution, do you want natural resources that are not privately owned to be declared national property?
- Would you like to see provisions in the new Constitution on an established (national) church in Iceland?
- Would you like to see a provision in the new Constitution authorising the election of particular individuals to the Althing more than is the case at present?
- Would you like to see a provision in the new Constitution giving equal weight to votes cast in all parts of the country?
- Would you like to see a provision in the new Constitution stating that a certain proportion of the electorate is able to demand that issues are put to a referendum?
All six questions were approved by voters. Two thirds (68.3 %) voted in favor of Iceland adopting a new constitution based on the draft Constitution prepared by the Constitutional Council.
Brochure explaining the issues in the referendum:
Results of the referendum:
https://www.stjornarradid.is/efst-a-baugi/frettir 10/30 / Ad-of-results-referenda-20-October-2012 /